View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

Depending with what fuel metering system you go with, you may have to swap out the distributor. One of the Pertronix Dist with the brass drive gear works well with a stock 5.0 motor. Remember to use a brass drive gear or you will chew up the gears for the dist/cam drive and have metal floating thru the motor until it fails!

Also, if you do the motor mount upgrade to the newer style, use convertible mounts. The are about 1/2" lower for more hood clearance.

If you can spring for the money, look at some of the Weber style EFI systems. They perform better, nice increase in power, sound great (nothing like the sound of individual stacks sucking air) and look great!

The other option is to keep your stock Ford EFI computer and swap out the upper and lower manifolds for a "bread box" style intake system and larger (70mm) throttle body, Painless wiring harness and mass airflow meter. The reliability will be much higher and it will clean up the appearance considerably.

I went with a Extrude Honed lower and a Kenne Bell 1.2 Supercharger. Had to modify the hood to clear it all, but it was the way I wanted to go since I already had the S/C.

Thom