View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 06:05 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Michael,

You have an interesting story. You claim that your father owned the car, but you have no paperwork to prove it. It seems that Ann Abiden had a title for CSX 2049 and sold the crashed remains of CSX 2049. You have a frame that some mysterious Shelby employee returned to your familiy after being cut up with no part remaining with a serial number on it. You don't know who it was that returned the cut up frame to your family. Presumably the returned frame was returned to you shortly after the accident, and not kept at Shelby for years before being returned. On the other hand there are pictures dated years later that show a crashed but complete CSX 2049 that has not been cut up yet. There are also accounts of a partial frame from CSX 2049 showing up in the late 70s with an improper title used to create the car in Europe.

It seems that the crashed CSX 2049 was sold mostly intact years after you received the cut up frame. And at some later point the damaged CSX 2049 was cut up and the partial frame "stolen" from storage. It seems that there is photographic evidence that CSX 2049 still existed in the 60s and 70s, but you have a cut up frame that predates the pictures. Could it be that the mysterious Shelby employee that returned the cut up frame to your family brought you something that he thought was the remains of your family's car, but was the remains of something else? That might explain what you have, but it does not mean that your frame is from your father's car, unless of course your father's car was not CSX 2049 as you suggested earlier.

I am not sure how you are going to prove your father owned the car unless you somehow produce a title for your father's car that would invalidate the title obtained by the purchase from Ann Abiden. Even if you could come up with the paperwork, it seems unlikely that you could prove that the frame you have is from CSX 2049 when photographs of CSX 2049 exist from after you recieved the returned frame.

Based on what has been discussed here so far I am not sure how you would be able to prove your father once owned the car or that the frame you have is part of that car.