Old 10-27-2021, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby factory competition Mark II 289ci sgl four barrel
Not Ranked     
Default Cunningham Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
I have to ask once again, why are you trying to pass off a junk "AC Ace" chassis as CSX2049 if not for the potential financial gain it may be to you, your family, or someone you may be associated with in this thread?

There are subtle differences, and the SAAC Registrar has already confirmed that the picture you posted, which is supposed to be a scavengerized CSX2049, is not what it appears to be?

Again, I have no financial gain or loss here, just asking questions as a neutral, 3rd party observer.

Regardless, as always, here is wishing you well.

Bill S.
Thank you for your observations, I am also confused, having and being involved with physical pieces, and only my direct memories as I was involved with the Cobra. The car as I was exposed to it was not streetable, no registration, no license, no knowledge of a person named Ann Abiden or her son, I've never met them at any race tech inspections, races, after race activities. Isn't it strange that someone who bought a state of the art race car and hired a driver (Paul Cunningham) to race that car and who was never recognized in the race programs as owner or sponsor.

As I said before, the Cobra may have been one of the early 260ci Mark I's which was used as a publicity car and then later competition prepared by SAI and fitted with a 289ci engine when Shelby needed to have more privately campaigned cars so he could obtain factory status. I have pictures of an early car used for publicity and has all the unique characteristics of our Cobra, slabside, red, black and silver competition stripe. I've looked at tens of thousands of Cobra photos and have never seen on with five rows of louvres at the rear of the hood and no intake scoop.

My goal is to make sure the records are correct and that no one usurps Paul's race history and ownership.

As for the so-called paper trail with Ann Abidin, many years ago I had a Cobra expert that investigated it and concluded that the paperwork was created to bolster a bogus cobra.

This whole CSX2049 Cobra history is so twisted, people with information and pictures are few and far between and many are very tight lipped in talking about it. Something is wrong and I hope to unravel the history before I too am dead.