View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 Side Oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
I suspect that, absent a knowledge of the files we maintain on each chassis number, it might be difficult to understand how much data we actually have and how it all relates to the entire production history. If you look again at the Carol Connors Cobra in post #141, you'll note the CA license plate GBF358 on the front. This plate is referenced twice in the Shelby American factory documents: it was somehow supposed to be attached to CSX 2024, but was mistakenly placed on CSX 2067 instead when it was gifted to Connors. It took a while for the paperwork error to be worked out. The GBF358 plate was eventually transferred to CSX 2024: I know this because I examined the car in San Diego 5 years ago when it came up for sale, at which time it still used the same license plate. But the car in the publicity photo can only be CSX 2067, as (a) it was the car given to Connors; (b) it was originally given the GBF358 plate; and (C) just like one can see in the photo, it has the exact equipment - including the louvered hood - listed on the sales invoice. Connors enjoyed the car until a serious wreck by the Laurel Canyon put her through the windshield. It took two years for her wounds to heal. And 2067 was scrapped and later destroyed. It was definitely not the Cunningham Cobra prior to being prepared for competition.
Ned, I do not know you or even have met you, but you makes us all proud the way you handle these questions. You speak the truth, are factual and never insulting even when I feel someone is trying to get your goat. Keep up the good fight. I also must let you know I am enjoying this thread because of all the information I am leaning about SAAC.