View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby factory competition Mark II 289ci sgl four barrel
Not Ranked     

As noted in the Leaf Spring Registry…

Following the wreck of CSX2049, SAI expressed their interest in examining the wreck to determine if there were any construction defects that may have led to the wreck. Where is the report/documentation of this failure analysis? Who was involved and what was done?

A lien was being pursued by SAI in April 1964 to gain control of the wrecked chassis. Where is the paperwork? Wouldn’t it be processed through a Superior Court?

It seems that specific paperwork is lacking regarding the disposition of the wrecked CSX2049 Cunningham Cobra. I will state that the Cunningham family was not approached by SAI regarding the wrecked CSX2049 Cunningham Cobra.

If this is the standard operating procedure of SAI regarding wrecked Cobras, such as ours, CSX2067 Carol Conners, and others, how many have met their demise at SAI being cut up, parted, cannibalized, with pieces going to the winds without specific documentation?

Wesselink’s project car claims to be the reincarnation of CSX2049, and Ned seems to know a lot about what was and what was not used from the CSX2049 wreck. We do know that a new body and chassis was manufactured by AC Cars, what part(s) were utilized from the original CSX2049 Cobra? Hasselrig had a lot of the parts from the wrecked CSX2049, including doors, trunk lid, etc. Just what was utilized in the new project car? A new body from AC Cars would have been manufactured with doors and trunk lid, did Wesselink/Hasselrig use the old parts or simply cut and paste the identifying portions?

I suspect that the new chassis was constructed from 4 inch main tubes and not the lighter and more fragile 3 inch main tubes since all the newer models have the 4 inch main tube design. Older chassis of the 1962 era were welded differently from the newer construction methods and materials.

Let’s visit the litigation Wesselink brought against the State, to perfect the title on the wrecked CSX2049. What specific evidence was presented by Wesselink/Hasselrig to claim title? Did Cobra Experts examine the evidence and make a finding? Who are they and what did they have to say? Was the evidence presented really from CSX2049 or some other car. Wouldn’t a Cobra Expert be able to recognize the legitimacy of the claim, by examining the materials used, welding techniques, finishing methods? Where are the records? Wouldn’t this have a case number and a Superior Court identified in the litigation. Is it possible that the Superior Court was misled/bamboozled leading to a false designation?

Considering the depth and size of this forum thread, why have we not heard from Wesselink/Hasselrig regarding the legitimacy of their claim to CSX2049, there are many on the thread with extensive friends in the Cobra Community, I am sure that someone has contacted them.

So far, I am the only one that has posted my specific information such as my real name, my contact information, email, etc. If you are out there why not identify yourself like I did.

I am going to do all I can to bring light to this claim and to clear the records regarding Paul Cunningham, and CSX2049. All I can do for now is to be patient, participate in the dialogue and hold out hope that those with first hand history and knowledge come forth and share their piece of the continuing dialogue.

Bless you all for the following and details presented, truth will prevail.