View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
No offense, but if you have to ask a question like this, you may be over your head for this specific project as there are no standards to any used, unfinished, kit car build.
That is exactly what was going through my mind when I was reading it. It's the same question about "how much is a Rolls Royce" A: If you have to ask you can't afford it.

Quote:
Why, simple, you just don't know what is and is not needed, nor do you know if anything was done correctly. Unless you do, expect to tear the car down and start the build from a rolling chassis with the body off.

Me personally, if offered the car at 30K, I'd walk away, and I've handled many such unfinished projects while I still owned my body shop. You'll spend more in the long run to get it safely on the road than if you had saved and spent the extra 10K for a car that was already road worthy.

Bill S.
Second time this advice ahs been given... Take the money for the unknown and the money you think you'd put in (which is probably off by 1/2) and just buy a nice finished sorted out roller-based car from a known builder.

My dad, whose wisdom wasn't obvious at the time, once told me that "every used car is used for a reason".

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 10-31-2021 at 02:42 PM..