View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 10:22 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_COWBOY View Post
NO and no.

The value of the car has nothing to do with my efforts to correct the history and Paul's driving career.

I am 78 and do not have the physical nor financial where with all to reconstruct CSX2049. That said I would entertain a project wherein the car could be reconstructed, competed, and eventually sold.
I don't see any path to get from where you are to where you want to go.

Maybe if somehow you were to discredit the Hasselrig title, wouldn't that just mean there was no longer a legitimage title in anyone's possession? You don't have a title to CSX 2049? How would you get one? Through a lawsuit? Based on what? I don't get it.

I don't see how the cut up frame you have can be tied to CSX 2049 in any way.

Wouldn't it just be easier at this point to just create a replica of CSX 2049? Maybe someone could partner with you to get AC Brooklands or Kirkham to build one?

Or better yet, how about talking to Shelby American and getting them to build a series of CSX 2049 replicas with CSX 7xxx serial numbers? And maybe you get the first one out of the deal - a real nice one with an aluminum body at a hefy discount from your family blessing on the project. You know Shelby likes to do special editions and charge extra for them.

Last edited by 1ntCobra; 11-01-2021 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Added red highlighting