View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 03:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_COWBOY View Post
I am envious of all of you that have real, reconstructed, replicas, etc. I have been trying to straighten out the Paul Cunningham Cobra history for over 12 years now, and have only had the chance to drive our car once.

While I have been researching I have had desires surface to rebuild the family Cobra, drive it a bit in vintage races and then sell it to someone to thoroughly enjoy and protect.

Medical issues and age have erased that dream, and now I have absolutely identified the frame pieces I am still sheltering some Cobra parts I've acquired over the years while I was dreaming.

I have a complete 289ci engine, not hipo but very early 3A3 block 5 bolt, as originally assembled, single loop roll bar with forward brace, two fiberglass footboxes, and front end clip.

To old to take on a 289ci project car, I will be selling all to gain some space in my garage and to appease the MRS.
I have a Superformance 289 leaf spring race car that I run in vintage races. It is a fun ride and makes me feel like I am racing a real one. If you can't get it together to try to build one yourself. Come on out to upstate NY next year and I will arrange for a track day some place near me and take you around the track a few times, might even let you drive it a little if you make me feel comfortable enough. Hate to see someone spend so much time on a dream and not see it through.

In the meantime, take a high performance driving course. You would need a vintage race license to be able to race a cobra on the track which may not be an option at what I guess your age to be and the physical concerns that you have.

Jim

Last edited by 1795; 11-05-2021 at 04:13 AM..