View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 03:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_COWBOY View Post
I am envious of all of you that have real, reconstructed, replicas, etc. I have been trying to straighten out the Paul Cunningham Cobra history for over 12 years now, and have only had the chance to drive our car once.

While I have been researching I have had desires surface to rebuild the family Cobra, drive it a bit in vintage races and then sell it to someone to thoroughly enjoy and protect.

Medical issues and age have erased that dream, and now I have absolutely identified the frame pieces I am still sheltering some Cobra parts I've acquired over the years while I was dreaming.

I have a complete 289ci engine, not hipo but very early 3A3 block 5 bolt, as originally assembled, single loop roll bar with forward brace, two fiberglass footboxes, and front end clip.

To old to take on a 289ci project car, I will be selling all to gain some space in my garage and to appease the MRS.
Hi. I've followed this post and I'm glad you shared your story with us. I am sympathetic to your plight and fully understand how it is to have lost a loved one (who was a racer) and had a race car stolen (not a Cobra). Life is short, Cobras are wonderful, and if you have the means you should consider a replica 289 painted up like your step dads. Maybe venting this story will make it easier on you. Thanks for sharing. Good luck.