View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 01:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Centering an engine on its mounts

Seems such a harmless topic but have been battling the last couple of days to re-centre the windsor in Slowy on the engine mounts.

Had to replace my mounts after the F1 GP inspection way back when and ever since then the engine has sat further to the passenger side.

The movement was enough to have one of the exhaust flanges capable of rubbing on the chassis. There is bare metal attesting to this scraping happening.

This I think has also caused some further slight mis-alignment down the exhaust system. This mis-alignment has also pushed the twin pipes running under the diff / lower arm pivot to the driver's side enough to interfere and hit the lower arm under road shock.

Have been sufferings bangs and belts from the car on trips and want to fix all this.

So back to the engine mounts, is there a good way or a trick to get engine centralisation?

Know the mounts are correct, the same McKay part as originally used, but these have a slotted mount and wonder if I'd bolted the motor in high originally.

Or am I just not swearing enough at the beast lol!!!

Thoughts team??