Thread: Life in Nevada
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default Nevada emissions testing exemption for replicas?

So I read through the Nevada DMV website to try to find an answer about emissions testing there. Under the list of emissions testing exempt vehicles it says: "Vehicles registered as a Replica Vehicle." And then digging way deep into the regulation text, I found under NRS 445B.759 [Effective January 1, 2020.] this definition: "(b) “Replica vehicle” means any passenger car or light-duty motor vehicle which:

(1) Has a body manufactured after 1967 which is made to resemble a vehicle of a model manufactured before 1968;

(2) Has been altered from the original design of the manufacturer or has a body constructed from materials which are not original to the vehicle;

(3) Is maintained solely for occasional transportation, including exhibitions, club activities, parades, tours or other similar uses; and

(4) Is not used for daily transportation."

A fiberglass bodied Cobra replica should fit this definition but there's no further explanations, examples or registration procedures that I could find to further clarify.

Can any of you Cobra guys living in Nevada confirm that you use this exemption to avoid emissions testing for your Cobras? If so, how does it work?