View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 10:11 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
Depends on how competitive you want to be and what your goal is. If you go with a moderate engine you could be racing close to $100K depending on how much work you do yourself. If you want another grenade, then the cost will be north of $100K.

Take a look at my build photos and build discussion, Superformance Riverside Racer and you can get an idea. Since you have raced, you have an idea. I would suggest that if you go that route, you do as I did and add some more protection as that single hoop and forward brace is not enough to keep you safe. I have pictures of the modifications that I had made.

Good luck.

Jim
So getting a fiberglass Superformance with an original leaf spring style suspenstion that can be vintage raced will set you back about $100K. Would that price include the custom paint job to match CSX2049? I am curious if you add the aluminum body option to the Superformance, what does that add to the cost?