View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Do an exhaustive search on this forum and you will find your answer. In short, we’ve all had the shake you’re experiencing and it’s a wheel balancing problem, nothing more.
Just because a tech balances your wheels on a Hunter road force machine doesn’t mean he knows what he’s doing. I had to go to five different shops before I found a guy that actually knew how to road force balance a wheel and tire. It involves several steps, including dismounting your wheel and tire and rotating the tire so that the stiffest part of the tread matches up with the lowest spot on your rim. Then a precision static and dynamic balance. Can take 20 minutes per wheel to get it right and most shops don’t want to spend the time. Keep looking until you find the magic tech that actually knows what he’s doing. Then marry him to your daughter to keep him in the family.
Watch this YouTube video and then watch your tech to make sure he does each step. https://youtu.be/G0RzxgOpJzQ
Try to shoot for less than 10 lbs and make sure he uses your inflation pressure (whatever pressure you will be running in the tire). Most techs inflate the tire to 35 lbs and then balance them. Won’t work with our cars.

Last edited by jhv48; 11-11-2021 at 02:43 PM..