View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR build #983, FRM 392
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Do an exhaustive search on this forum and you will find your answer. In short, we’ve all had the shake you’re experiencing and it’s a wheel balancing problem, nothing more.
Just because a tech balances your wheels on a Hunter road force machine doesn’t mean he knows what he’s doing. I had to go to five different shops before I found a guy that actually knew how to road force balance a wheel and tire. It involves several steps, including dismounting your wheel and tire and rotating the tire so that the stiffest part of the tread matches up with the lowest spot on your rim. Then a precision static and dynamic balance. Can take 20 minutes per wheel to get it right and most shops don’t want to spend the time. Keep looking until you find the magic tech that actually knows what he’s doing. Then marry him to your daughter to keep him in the family.
So what you're saying is not to line up the yellow dot on the sidewall with the valve stem (as most tire installers do) but to go through an exhaustive process of matching the stiffest part of the tire with the lowest part of the rim. Tire installers automatically go with lining up the dot with the valve stem but you're saying that this is not the proper way?