View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 10:52 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
Ah. As soon as I saw the name Lance Coren, I knew we were in for a bumpy ride. All I can suggest to Michael is, don't rely on whatever Coren says. Did Lance tell you he attempted to claim 2049 was his many years ago? Did Lance show you the photograph of another Cobra that he claimed was his restored CSX 2049? Did Lance admit that he surrendered his phony CA title to Lanse Hasselrig because the courts made it clear he, not Coren, was the legitimate owner? Probably not. I am aware that Lance Coren saw the remains of Hasselrig's Cobra as well as the 2049 VIN on it at an early SAAC convention, after it had been stolen by the manager of the storage facility where Hasselrig left it. And he was angry, as it cast a shadow on the claim Coren had made that he owned the car. Please do not expect me to accept anything Mr. Coren says, as I have already been down that road way too many times.
Now coming back to this. What is the car that Lance Coren was claiming to be CSX2049? Was it the car that ended up in the Netherlands that Fran Kress had built? Did Lance Coren get it from Fran Kress? Or is Lance Coren's car yet another CSX2049 out there somewhere? I think Ned said that the Kress car had a PA title when sold to the Netherlands, but this post mentions a phony CA title. I am confused about how many phony cars and phony titles there are at this point.

Last edited by 1ntCobra; 11-12-2021 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: sPeling