View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby factory competition Mark II 289ci sgl four barrel
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
The offer for a ride and possibly being able to drive my 289 cobra on a track of my choosing in upstate NY if you are ever out this way is there. Just send me a message if you make it out this way. I would like to help you put a car together, but we are on opposite sides of the country. Good luck.

Just incase you do make it out here, the seats are tight, I only weigh 165 lbs so without knowing you, whether you would fit in the car is up in the air. I have some older racers that have tried getting in my car and it has not always been easy. I don't want to get your hopes up and have you make plans, only to find out that the seats do not fit you.

Jim
Thank you for your generous offer. I doubt that I will venture out of Southern California but if I happen to do so, I will definitely contact you. You are too kind.

BTW, it was a tight fit when I was involved with our Cobra.

I have been blessed in my life to have been a hardball catcher and an offensive tackle in football, trained and attempted to qualify for the Olympics in 1960 and 1964, the cost to me, my knees and low back. Two new knees and I'm still getting around.

Thinking back, I'd change nothing, some of the greatest life lessons were learned through sports. Desire, Dedication, Commitment, Team Concepts, and humility just to name a few.

Stay safe and enjoy your toys.