View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default What other cars should I be considering beyond a Cobra?

I'm looking for a project car that is going to be all about being fun to drive. Originally I was thinking something like a souped up MG when I had neglected to remember the Cobra. I quickly changed my tune once I did recall.

I like the look of the Cobra and the established history of it. However, I didn't grow up needing a Cobra in my life. It's just the car that makes the most sense based on my performance and cost considerations. I'm not one of those guys who saw them race back in the day and fell in love. If I build a Cobra it's going to be more a restomod style rather than trying to build something more authentic.

This leaves me wondering, are there any other kit cars or classics I should be considering? What other cars would you recommend that are similar in cost/style/performance/accessibility/community support and other factors that are similar to the Cobra? Or is Cobra really the cream of the crop when it comes to a 2 seater open top/convertible sports car with looks and power? Miata's need not apply.

I know I'm asking a pretty biased crowd but I'm curious if anyone else had similar thoughts or could offer some considerations.

Thank you.