View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
The lead times on new kits are a year at least, then two to build it yourself. Do you really want to look at what will be or just buy one and drive it? If fabrication is your thing then buy a kit. If you want to drive a Cobra before you get tired of assembly, then just buy a sorted out finished car.
As I say, I will be looking to buy a completed example.

While I'd like to build- I find it fun- my recent medical adventure makes dedicated builds like that frustrating instead of fun so that is no-go. I used to happily drive an hour after work to my shop, work on my car till midnight, then drive an hour and a half home, shower eat sleep and get up at 5am to go to work. The satisfaction was icing on the cake. That was then.

Nowadays an hour of real wrench turning can be a problem, let alone 5 or 6. The effects of stoke are very difficult to describe in a way that's meaningful to somebody who has not experienced it so I rarely try. If I could do that I'd write a book on it and get rich lol. Plus I no longer have the 60x40 shop space anyway, and I'll never find that deal again- 200 bucks a month.

Just like the days of me picking up cast iron 455 blocks are over, my days of marathon building are over, and I want to drive the car before I die! Those are things I used to do. I'm sort of OK with that.