View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Period correct is a bit of a loaded question. ERA are not period correct, the big blocks have square tubing, and most have inboard rear brakes, (only CSX2000 had those, even though AC said that was a bad idea,) and the small block cars have coil springs all around, yet they hold their value about as good as any replica, except for the Shelby CSX cars. A big block 428 is period correct, and 302s were put into a few racing Cobra's back in the day. You can back date a roller rocker 302 into a 289 or 260, for a small block MKI or II. And don't forget the AC289 MKIII cars, which are considered Cobra's today, after all, the C in COB and COX stands for Cobra! The MKIV cars, are pretty far from original, but they are worth far more then new. Wish I was smart enough to buy one of those 10 years ago!
Thanks to the movie Ford Vs Ferrari, I think most Cobra's will be worth at least the sum of their parts a decade from now. Why, because now, the love of the Cobra is not going to die with us Baby Boomers!