View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 09:31 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
I have absolutely no plans whatsoever at this time to sell my Cobra. That said, at some point like with all of us, that day will inevitably come. My Cobra is a Contemporary, built back in 1984. It's currently titled in New York as a "1984 Homebuilt". As such I would presume it's eligable for sale in overseas countries that require an older build to be eligable to purchase there. I assume the title being issued in New York as a 1984 would suffice for that?

The reason I ask about this is that I live in Texas and I'm about to start the process of transferring my current New York title to a Texas title. I'm not 100% certain as to how Texas will title the car. I don't want to lose the ability to sell the car down the road to a purchaser who needs an older build to be able to buy the car. How do these countries requiring an older car for purchase/import determine the build date to see if it's eligable? What would I need to title the car as, and does the title type or date have anything to do with that eligibility?

Can anyone who has sold an older Cobra overseas or a can a non-US based Cobra purchaser who lives in one of these countries comment on what proof is needed from the purchasers country as to the verified age of the build? I have already have made color photo copies of the NYS title, what else would I need to do to preserve that eligability?
Texas should accept the title on face value.

As for selling overseas, the original documentation of the sale of the kit is what the overseas countries will be looking at most of the time. Not always available, the title would then be a secondary.

Bill S.

PS: I saw a recent post about CCX3109 being a 1984 build, strange, as my current CCX 3110 (also for sale)has paperwork of it's original sale dated 3/1994.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS