View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

As I have said previously, we rely on documentation to provide history on these cars, rather than memories. Which is not to say Michael's are incorrect; it's to say a Bill of Sale or other proof of Paul Cunningham's purchase of 2049 would be welcome.

I would also reiterate that photos don't generally lie. Lanse Haselrig provided photos of CSX 2049 after the fatal wreck with a date of 4/67 on them and has told us that is the point at which he bought the wreck from its original owner, Ann Abiden. He paid for the car for a period of several months, not years, and put it into storage when he was shipped off to Vietnam with the Army. He had no idea the chassis had been illegally sold out of the storage facility years later until a second title appeared in another state. At that time he partnered with a friend to reinforce his ownership with the state of CA. Whatever evidence they supplied was apparently solid, as they prevailed.

I note that CompClassics provided photos of what clearly appears to be the wrecked chassis of 2049 (see post #5) and would like to ask, who supplied these to you? It is obvious that someone had possession of the wrecked chassis after the shots that were taken in 4/67, and I would like to know who that was. I think those photos speak volumes.

Last edited by Nedsel; 11-15-2021 at 06:09 PM..