View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby factory competition Mark II 289ci sgl four barrel
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
Michael, your allegations are certainly interesting. I note that you gloss over my request for any possible documentation showing Paul Cunningham owned CSX 2049 in favor of complaining that the SAAC Registry has not, in your opinion, provided sufficient evidence to show the car was owned by Abiden or Hasselrig. In spite of photos and paperwork. OK, we'll see what else might be out there. I have a copy of the invoice of 2049 to Downtown Ford, but it doesn't tell us anything relevant to your inquiries.

I disagree with your value guesstimates, as it has been discussed here thoroughly that the remains of 2049 are no longer attached to its legal paperwork, hence any car associated with it in the future will clearly be a reconstructed vehicle absent major original parts. That won't be worth $2-5 million. And I would point out that when Lance Hasselrig's quest to prove his ownership began, the value of these cars was nothing close to what it is today, and I dispute the idea that financial gain was the primary motivation for spending the kind of money an effort such as this would cost in legal fees, not to mention exposure via the CA court system.
My guesstimate of $2-$5 million I believe would be a legitimate value for a very early factory competition prepared Mark II Cobra, it would require the reacquiring the actual remaining CSX2049 parts and pieces, incorporation of the actual parts and pieces in a correct frame with an aluminum body, paint, stripes, etc. it would probably require me, as the only living family member, to provide a sworn affidavit as to the authenticity and file all related information with the California DMV to obtain a correct title.

Then and only then would my guesstimate be relevant.