View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR build #983, FRM 392
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I couldn't find a good picture to illustrate this concept so I'll try with words alone. All systems have a natural resonant vibration frequency. For a front suspension, that means that when the spring is compressed as it passes over a bump (or reacts to the up force from an out-of-balance tire), it will compress and then extended in predictable cycles until the damper (shock absorber) stops it. If you have an out-of-balance tire attached to that suspension, it too has a natural up and down motion (vibration) determined largely by the speed and diameter of the tire. Most of the time those two vibrations will not be in sync and tend to cancel each other out to a degree. But over time, the up motion of the tire will coincide with the rebound up motion of the suspension to produce a larger deflection of the suspension. The same occurs in the down direction. Such a phenomenon might account for your shake coming and going.
Shocks are the original Gabriels that came with the car (2011 build). Wonder if swapping out the shocks to the KYBs will help matters.