View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 07:47 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
I have provided copies of Ann Abiden's registration renewal for CSX 2049 from 1964. They reflect the same data Coren discovered in the DMV files. And post #44 discusses the how's and why's of the odd data that was submitted for the 2049 footnote in the 4th edition of the Registry. We have since corrected the misinformation.
Perhaps I will ask for the latest version of the Cobra registries for Christmas to get clarificaiton on this.

It appears that document is Ann's 1964 registration application that was not sent it. However I am not sure that it has to be a 1964 registration renewal. Could it not be her initial 1964 registration application that she received after purchasing the wreck from a mechanics lien sale? Assuming she purchased the wreck after on or after April 1964, wouldn't she get a title and the application to register the car for 1964?

There would be no need to send in the 1964 registration application in the case that she purchased the car in 1963 as new (registration renewal application) nor purchased the wreck in 1964 from a mechanics lien sale (initial registration application). Why register a wreck that cannot be driven.

So unless that document indicates somewhere on it that it is a registration renewal for 1964, I don't think the document proves that Ann owned the car in 1963 or that she was the original owner.

That is why I asked if Lance Coren provided a copy of his "hand-search" document that indicated that Ann was the original owner. You certainly expect Michael to be able to provide a document that would indicate that Paul owned the car in 1963. It seems to me that the 1964 registration application only indicates that Ann owned the wreck in 1964 and does not prove that she owned it earlier than 1964.

Last edited by 1ntCobra; 11-17-2021 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: less words