View Single Post
Old 06-22-2002, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '73 Jensen Healey Mk.I #13046
Not Ranked     

jrichard;

No apologies needed, all of my opinions are unedited and I can be a real SOB too. Do not apologize for your opinions and beliefs. Now to the nitty-gritty…

I have some minor physical problems (mainly from getting run over by a truck) and in fitting my once very fat ass into any sport car, is still one of them. Better at 282 than 401! Now that I’ve lost 128 pounds it's a lot easier to fit! Duh. But… The Lister-Corvette is still the best fit for me everything considered, I sit very high in a std. Cobra... (see my gallery.). I would love to have a Daytona Coupe or a GT40 replica, or Superformance's new Coupe. Yes they are all beautiful and, no I cannot fit and bend my back and neck enough to fit in them.

I can modify any of the major Cobra replicas to fit me comfortably now, little things like removing the clutch peddle and extending the foot box and dropping the seat off it’s rails and removing some of the over stuffing in the standard seating, or having a custom seat fabricated. All of these items, can be worked out in a Cobra replica; Kirkham to an ERA, Unique, SPF. Chuck will make the cockpit in the Lister-Corvette fit me! No problem at all.

Like I always say… “Life it just too short to dance with ugly women or to bad music.”

I would love to build and drive a SPF, Unique, ERA etc. but here in California, I think the insurance companies will succeed where all before have failed! Think about it and let me know what you think about that. Jim

PS: See STG (Stan); I can register and insure the Lister-Corvette as a 1958 Corvette Replica no problem. $500.00 per year =or-.