View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 03:43 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
No. I am just an "Abnormal CC Member" as usual.

Hmm, does your friend happen to have an Edsel stationwagon?

But seriously, when you had your shop and told "customers" that if they didn't pay all the back monthly storage fees and pick up their abandoned car, you were going to get a mechanics lien, did any of those customers ever pay back monthly storage fees and pick up their car? Or did you just end up getting a mechanics lien and never hear from them again?
In PA I went straight for the title using the Sections 3352(c) and 3353(c) of the Vehicle Code, once the police sent notice (no charge to me) to the last known owner, I can't remember the length of time required, but I could go to the local notary after summary judgement of the abandonment (again, no cost to me) and it was something like $20-$40 for me to apply for the title. Considering the price of metal at that time, I was always guaranteed to turn a profit. My tag shop of preference was not that far from the shop, and was always open late during the week. The loved me as my paperwork was always pre printed, and correct for whatever I was doing. No fuss, review, stamp, make a payment, and the titles showed up in the mail two weeks later. You've been to my old shop, I always had room for another abandoned car

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS