View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 07:28 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_COWBOY View Post
I've tried to be as open as I can be with you all, I've shared some really personal information and have opened up some old wounds. Previously someone questioned my state of mind and whether or not I could have coped with the family circumstances after Paul's death.

On his death, I became the male head of household, my mom was a mess )as she was at the track and saw it all, chased the ambulance to Tehachapi, dealt with the mortuary, etc.), now owned the family business that had recently been offered $1,000,000 by a competitor he used to work for before he went on his own, a six year old half-sister, a drunken uncle (Paul's brother), had to drop out of my sophomore year classes at California State College at Fullerton (about 10 miles from our home in Orange, California). I was able to be home at that time now as I now had no classes or job. I was not at the Willow Springs Race as my fiancee and myself were making our wedding plans for February 14, 1964. I read about his death in the Sunday Times newspaper, called home and confirmed with my mom that dad had been killed as I didn't believe it could be true. I immediately returned home.

Also, my mom moved back to Illinois in late summer, August or September of 1964.
That was the move wherein all of Paul's racing memorabilia was lost/stolen as it did not arrive in Illinois.

As new questions arise about my family I will do my best to share with you, within reason. I hope you understand.
Hmm, what if your father's family business was the legal owner of CSX2049, as opposed to your father being the owner? Could it be that Shelby employees are trying to call the family business about picking up the business's wrecked racecar and your company's receptionist answers the phone with "What's this nonsense about a wrecked racecar you keep calling about? Please stop calling me!"?

Last edited by 1ntCobra; 11-18-2021 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: mising word