View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealeyRick View Post
Funny, I'm a retired Massachusetts lawyer and about 9 years ago I was interested in building a FFR Daytona coupe, just after the latest regs changed. I came to the conclusion that there was a real chance I wouldn't be able to register the car after I built it and instead swapped a V8 into my Austin-Healey. It's a daunting process and frankly, instead of consulting an attorney you would probably be better off consulting Massachusetts Cobra guys like Michael Everson and Mike Forte who have actually registered some cars recently. Perhaps even talk to Factory Five since they are based here.

I think if I was building a big-block kit, I'd start looking for a big block crusher car at the beginning of the build and register it right away so I could have the one-year registration done by the time I was finished. I couldn't see that the crusher car needs to be running, just registered, so you could probably just by a junker and register it. You really need to be dedicated to register a Cobra replica in this state.
Not the best news Rick, but straight talk is what I need so thanks