View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 01:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
Nothing needs to be welded, everything is a bolt together deal.

The hub in your picture needs to be machined down by the thickness of the QR hub (about a half inch) to maintain original steering wheel location, if that is important to you. The portion of the QR hub that rests agains the original steering hub is then bolted to your mofdified hub. You will likely need to drill and tap new attaching holes.

The portion that is next to the steering wheel is bolted to the steering wheel. Again the QR hub does not have the Moto-Lita bolt pattern so you will need to add it for attachment purposes.

The two QR pieces engage with a rotary bayonet style of engagement with no slop in the connection. While driving the car you will not know you have a QR steering wheel and most eyes will not recognize the device for what it is.

The narrow column will represent more of a visual aesthetic offense than an operational problem. Worth noting, the QR hub is very close to the diameter of most steering hubs so it may not be particularly apparent in the finished condition.

Ed
Thanks Ed, now it all makes perfect sense. I'll keep an eye on the eBay seller to see if he lists a black one in the next few days and if not I'll pick one up from the manufacturer. I appreciate all your help.