View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 12:08 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_COWBOY View Post
Not so, there is a serious problem with the chain of title, I am awaiting the receipt of the court documents so that I can speak to fact, not hope, I have said all along that I believe that Ann Abidin story is fabricated, yes people have shown paperwork but there are great forgers out there and when you are dealing in multimillion dollar automobiles it has all been tried before, IMO, the story is not over.
Michael,

Even if you get all of the court papers, the only thing that might be accomplished from that is you could point out that pictures of parts don't match up with CSX2049. And that the car in California is essentially a replica being attached to a title.

I don't think there will be anything in the court papers that could support your conspiracy theory of forged paperwork. And the only evidence of forged paperwork seems to be something that you imagined in your head as a theoretical explanation for what you think in happened back in 1963.

Like I said earlier, it is possible that your father owned the car in August before the crash and Shelby sent the car to the junkyard and the Abidin family purchased the wreck from the junkyard. That sound like a much more plausible theoretical possibility than forged paperwork.

Another possibility is that the Abidin family always owned the car and your father just drove it. Does it matter if you never saw Ann Abidin at the race track in the pits, etc.?

It seems to me that you want to prove that your father owned the car as a first priority (and as a secondary priority you would like to point out that the California car is merely a replica being attached to a title).

If you want to address the first priority it seems that looking at the court papers will get you absolutely nothing. If you want to address the first priority, I think your only possible chance at this point is to see if there is any living Shebly employee that remembers anything about the wreck of CSX2049 sitting around the shop for 4 or more months. I suggested that before. So why not pursue that instead of the court papers? I have got an idea. Here's a lead for you: https://bre2.net/ There's a phone number. Maybe if you are nice when you call, they will let you talk to Pete Brock. Maybe Pete remembers the wreck. Maybe he doesn't, but he knows another former employee who might remember something. Perhaps someone will remember having to constantly try to contact the Cunningham family to pick up the wreck? Or maybe someone will remember having to constantly try to contact the Abidin family to pick up the wreck? Or maybe nobody alive remembers anything.