Old 11-27-2021, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post
Just how much of the frame was acquired by Moore is viewable in post #5, the condition can be seen in the photos as well. There are pieces that have obviously been removed and it looks as though the slight upward bend may be attributed to the section that had been removed?

Getting back to my previous question,
1) Why would someone provide a frame for inspection if the frame was stolen?
2) Why would you provide a frame for inspection when the frame is something other than what you are claiming it to be?

I believe the car in the Netherlands needs to be inspected to understand how much or how little of 2049 was used in the reconstruction. The front spring tower could easily be of the correct early type for worm and sector steering but adapted to rack and pinion use.
Yes, the car in the Netherlands is or has been converted to rack and pinion, there are at least a couple of early worm and sector cars that have been converted during their life, CSX2001 and CSX2009 come to mind.
What Connie Moore acquired was actually less than what is shown in post #5. What he had in the back of his pickup at SAAC-4 was a lot less, with the rear of the chassis missing.

As for the frame inspection, who knows. In any event, it has no effect on the link between 2049 and Paul Cunningham.