View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slither View Post
The Brad Penn-Grad 1 oils have 1,500 ppm Zinc and up to 1,400 ppm Phosphorus content.
You're right Slither. My commentary would indicate Mobil 1 does not have the highest. I. said it has among the highest because I did not want to check all commercially available oils. You also will find very few providers of 0W-50 or 10W-60 viscosities which is every bit as important. Even more significant check the chart in the next post and you will find that Mobil 1 0W-50 does have a zinc level in excess of 1300 ppm. In fact they represent it as exceeding 1800 PPM.

This search for the better lubricant is not about whose dog is bigger although it can feel that way. ZDDP is certainly one metric we want to pay attention to. Lubricatiing qualities at the elevated temperatures and pressures that racing engines (even old ones) are capable of producing is what the search for the best oil is all about. If you like Brad Penn by all means you should use it in your engine. Looking at the oil selection issue through a wider angle lens might cause others to choose differently.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 11-28-2021 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Spelling & Grammar