View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

The first question I'd ask is when was the kit purchased.

Second, how many owners,

Thrid, how many times has it been moved from one location or buyer to another.

Each of these steps results in missing and broken parts...

Take a complete inventory and report here. You don't know if everything is there. Many kits were purchased in stages so key stuff could be missing.

Let us ask why you are considering this?

If it is because you love fabrication then by all means continue. Be aware that if this is your first fabrication there are other "kits" that are 100 times easier and have a much higher chance that you'll complete it. The primary reason is the frustration that arises with the Cobra because it has no straight lines.

If you think this is a cheap way to get a Cobra, move on. You'll spend more in time and money trying to assemble something that is most likely incomplete than buying a finished car. In the end, you'll spend more money than you ever thought possible. At the end of every restoration project by people I know they all say if they do it again (and they all say they won't) the first thing they'd do is buy a lift. That's a big chunk of unbudgeted change that certainly makes your job easier but will probably never be used again. And the tool list goes on and on and on.

Good luck.