View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Good info, Ned - and to put another cap on the original issue, here is an article that quotes the OP here in his own words describing his stepfather's racing career up to his tragic death:
PaulCunningham

He discusses Cunningham driving several cars owned by others, but it is this paragraph - in his own words - where he makes reference to the Cobra that puts this whole ownership issue to bed:

Quote:
He drove many different cars over his shortened career, Sprite, AH 100, the 'Terrible Tempest', several Devins including the mystery car #37, the Kurtis-Pontiac #37, a private owned Ford Cobra (Campaigned against the team Cobra's) and I'm sure there were others I can't remember due to my higher interest in girls during that era.
Clearly, there's been a change in the OP, Michael Heinecke's recollection of events, but it looks like we can safely (and a bit sadly, I have to admit) conclude that Paul Cunningham NEVER owned CSX2049

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...