View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 482ci sideoiler
Not Ranked     

Let me prefice this by saying, I'm not a Contempory afficiando. I do agree with Tony's (twobjshelbys) advise, "If you think this is a cheap way to get a Cobra, move on." If you have built custom vehicles or work in an industry that requires skills that will provide you the ability to assemble a custom vehicle from the ground up, maybe this will work for you. If not you may be setting yourself up to fail. In addition to needing the skills, you will also need the fortitude, time and finances to complete the project. Oh, I hope you,re not in a relationship, as supportive as they may seem, they will resent the time you spend on the project. If the Cobra you're contemplating buying has everything needed to complete a "roller", you will still need to spend about 10-20K for drivetrain and an additional 5-15K for body and paint work. So, you will be in for an additional 15-35k after you purchase the kit, assuming the kit is complete. If you get the kit for 10-15K you will have invested between 25-50K financially and hundreds of hours of time to finish the project. Now, if your lifes mission is to complete a project like this and you don't have any other commitments, go for it. However, you will probably just about break even financially if you buy a well sorted completed Cobra and skip the project. Also, whatever you buy make sure you get the required documents you need to be able to title and register the vehicle properly, without having to get creative. The kit you're contemplating buying is for sale for a reason, you do not want to be in the same situation down the road. Now go forth and conquer, whatever path you choose to take.