View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 08:20 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_COWBOY View Post
Thank you for your recommendations.

I am not in any physical condition to build a car in my garage, I have considered SPF but lack the finances to buy a completely finished car. I would like to reproduce Paul's car exactly or at least the closest as possible. I have a January 3, 1963 289 engine complete, not Hipo, but close to the Cunningham Cobra CSX2049 vintage engine. It could be rebuilt to reflect a period Hipo competition engine.

These are just simple thoughts and most likely will never come to pass, but an old man still has dreams. If I luck out and come into some money I would do it in an instant, I would have an exact reproduction of CSX2049.
The SPF Mk II roller is going to be your best and lowest cost bang for your buck if you are attempting to replicate CSX2049. Ordering just a body will not do you any good, as each chassis and each body has it's own unique mounting configurations. You'll need a body and matching chassis for starters.

I can also recommend Rick Muck, having not only known him for 35++ years, but have also personally done business with him on and off over the years without any issues.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS