View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to Hoodabest
Not Ranked     
Default Pics and background of Windsor #3

So Folks, here's number three, and a little backstory on how this all came about. I started with the bare block and parts that came with the car. Brent quoted 2 years to build, which seemed long at the time (I've since learned otherwise).
For time's sake, I figured I'd get a strong running used engine (#2) on the cheap, use it as a mule to get the car built, and work on the stroker as time and $ allowed. Buyer beware, the engine was not what the seller claimed, but there were some good parts there so it was worth a teardown, rebalance, etc.. but, I was still looking for an engine.
I stumbled across a '84 mustang t-top with a newly installed 351w and a TKO. It was built by a young lady wanting to be a part of her beau's scene, and after initial startup and once around the block, she totally lost interest, so onto my trailer it went, with maybe 30 minutes run time from new.
Now, the initial intent was to pull the mustang's engine/trans assy. and mule it in the Hurricane until it's stroker was completed, then switch it into my Midstates Cobra chassis, and sell off the beautiful rust-free, straight Mustang t-top roller.
The roller would net more than I have into the whole car plus the craigslist engine now known as Windsor #2, had I JUST stuck to the plan. Instead, I made the mistake of taking the li'l pony for a quick spin up the road and back. It was just too good to tear apart. Thus, the decision was made to take on YET ANOTHER project.
As it now stands, Windsor engine #3 resides comfortably between the shock towers of the foxbody. It looks like the pics in this posting.
Attached Images