Thread: Hot hot is hot?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 08:20 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupee View Post
That was posted as an attempt at an original thought?
Disclaimer: This is not a personal attack, just an observation:

With all of the other youtube video's covering the 289 street roadsters, you unfortunately picked the worst one. The start of the video, when he does not have the mechanical or mental ability to put the key in the ignition (after he took it out before the first take) is your your first clue. Choosing to not drive the car with at least a pair of sandals on was your second clue. Quite frankly, I spent a little time reviewing his other driving videos and did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling on his abilities.

Just my two cents worth, having 100,000+ miles, both street and track (documented) in the various cobra replicas I've owned since 2000.....

My sound advice, find someone or a club, close to you who has a car similar to what you are looking for, speak with them about their experiences, and just how they like or dislike certain items about their cars. Not all replicas are the same, each has it's own quirks when being built, and driven. Mostly, based on the owner, or originals builders personal tastes.

Most of all, enjoy the ride.

Bill S.

PS: I suggest adding a location to your profile, as there may just be an owner you don't known about in your general area that will read this thread and be gracious enough to want to assist.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS