Old 12-19-2021, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Aurora GRX
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Aw jeez, not this sh!t again!?!?!?

Was NOT sold to Billy Joel new......how do I know? I sold it! I sold it to Frank Weber, not Billy. Never met Billy myself.

Who is "Frank Weber"? Well I ordered and sold the car to Mr. Weber via "Frank Management" which at the time I assumed to be a real estate or such management company. When I delivered the car via my truck and trailer to Frank's house in Smithtown on Long Island I was surprised to find a nondescipt ranch home in a middle class area. After unloading the car and going to his back yard to do paperwork I found a very nice, extremely upgraded back yard with an extensive deck system.

Frank's son soon appeared with a copy of "Variety" and announced that they were no 3 "rising on the charts" and I still had no idea. It was only later that I found out "Frank Management" was a musical management operation and the person thaey managed was Frank's Brother-in-Law a certain Billy Joel! Billy apparently accquired the car in the lawsuit he filed against Frank for mismanagement after he divorced Franks sister, Mrs. Joel #1.

The car as pictured does not represent the car as delivered. The AC MK IV I dropped off had the right hand dual pipe outlet exhaust as well as the standard 5.0 HO dual snorkel air cleaner with a very different intake and carb. Had the standard leather Moto-Lita wheel with "AC" crash hub in the center. I know this car has been sold several times as the "Billy Joel AC" and every time I see I post the real story. I do remember some years ago it going through the Maroone Ford store in Florida (deja vue, I knew the Maroones when they lived here and went to school with the kids) being hyped as Billy's car.

I will dig out the paperwork and post when I get time..............just don't pay extra if you think Christie Brinkley graced the seats...................
Great read~ Was not aware of THAT lawsuit . thx for that tale!