View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

A carburator will only be better than EFI on the drag strip. And then only on some cars.
To say that EFI is just an expensive carb is just... I don't know... silly? Ignorant? Simplistic? It's like saying your barretts sniper rifle is just an expensive shotgun.

Speed density systems can be tuned to be extremely accurate - much more than any carb on the market. 80% of the tuning is done almost automatically. All of the tuning is done by pushing buttons on a laptop, without ever taking your seat belt off. No tuning kits to buy, no replacement gaskets. I'll never mess with another carb. Unless your racing class specifically requires it, there's no reason to ever mess with a carb anymore.

This engine ran on a speed density system. It made over 500hp to the pavement. I drove it and raced it from 1800 ft to 11,500 feet above sea level. Never had to retune it, just turn the key and drove it away. It adjusts for altitude as you drive. And, it would get better than 20mpg driving around in the mountains. Easily switchable between premium pump fuel, and E-85. Find me a carb that can do that, and I'll buy it.

This engine is also speed density. It's a track only car, and makes over 400hp. Once again, turn the key and drive. It does it's own altitude adjustments. Runs only on E-85.

Racing the Exocet
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto