View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
Ed, clearly you know your EFI stuff - I'll give you that.

Regardless, your dissertation on the various elements of an optimal EFI system remind me of the numerous conversations and meetings when I worked in IT services for many years. Hearing those with deep technical knowledge (a.k.a. geeks) is often enlightening to those so inclined, but the vast majority of people, whether IT users or Cobra owners / drivers, are interested only in what matters to them. Does it work? Is it reliable? Can I count on it to meet my needs?

While perhaps not 'optimum' or 'the ultimate solution', TBI meets the needs of a significant number of users, er, Cobra owners and drivers. They're oblivious as to whether there's a 'better solution' - and that's probably okay. IMO, TBI meets the KISS principle - Keep It Simple, Stupid. Another way of expressing it: How good is good enough? TBI is 'good enough' for most of us.

Like those tired of hearing IT geeks blathering on and on about the merits of the optimum or ultimate technical solutions, I'm not interesting in seeing any more of your MPFI dissertations.

Thanks.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas.
Well said. It gets old listening to people blather on about stuff that doesn't matter to 90% of the car population. It becomes ridiculous. Does it work? Yes. Does it work a LOT better than a carb? Yes. Does it work as good as MPFi (batch fire or true SPFI)? Yes. Ok. End of subject. Telling somebody to spend $5000 over $1500 becomes stupid when they don't even know how the vehicle is used.

Last edited by joyridin'; 12-23-2021 at 12:55 PM..