Old 12-24-2021, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA174 View Post
eschaider,
I appreciate your advice and insight, although more information than I require. The OP would probably be well served with one of the highly rated TBI units. Some would say, I'm a little OCD, when I'm researching a project, I welcome as much information as I can get and as easily as I can get it. To much is never a problem when it comes to free advice! Correct me if I'm wrong, we're all here for our common interest and to offer/request advise with regard to our cars. Let's not let egos or anything else keep someone from providing free advise, no one is obligated to abide by any advice offered here. If however, something is factually inaccurate and needs to be addressed, not a difference of opinion, please feel free to enlighten us. Now I'm not a moderator, so what I say is just opinion. Wishing all a happy safe holiday and a prosperous new year.
I have no disagreements with your position or rationale. I believe everything I have posted was factual and without the presence of ego, wounded or otherwise.

Like walking up to a news stand we tend to purchase and read what we are interested in and not purchase what we are not. Internet forums like Club Cobra are no different. If there are threads you are interested in you read and perhaps participate. If there are threads you are not then you do not. If the level of tech is more than you are comfortable with then it becomes a thread or post you simply skip. The reader has complete control, no one forces him to do anything.

If a reader confronts a poster for tech he does not like or perhaps understand there is a reasonable question as to why. The obvious solution is to not frequent threads where the tech is more than you are comfortable with. If you choose to support a position that is not logically defensible, the person who is on the thin ice is the promoter of the position that is not defensible, not the person who factually demonstrates the logical flaws.

In the end it is very much like the news stand. Don't like the magazine? Then don't pick it up and start reading. If you choose to participate and present logic or reasoning and get called on it (which I did not do to any one individual) your should be prepared to defend your position fairly, non-confrontationally and factually.

When you get caught with your hand in the proverbial logical or factual cookie jar and respond with unsupportable commentary or personal attacks it does nothing to further the purpose of the forum, which is to inform and provide a source of knowledge on various Cobra specific subjects. Personal attacks are the refuge of the uninformed and do nothing to further learning.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.