View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 11:22 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@Elelbroke, I can give my info. on JCF. I brought a 289Street JCF back in 2017, from a contact John had, long story short, a club member's Cobra broke on the Ore. coast, and asked if anyone could look at it, I said I think John still has his shop in Coos Bay. I had contacted John back in 1993 about building a 289FIA car for me. He still remembered our discussion, about the 289FIA car. After buying the 289Street we became friends and spoke with him on a reg. basics. He also had his personal car up for sale @ that time, another 289 Street, Black with Tan seats, 289 t-5, real wires etc. That he had sold to a close friend, and the gentleman couldn't drive it anymore, I would like to find that Cobra now as I have a buyer for it. John told me he had group of gentlemen from Minn. or Wis. that was going to buy his business, John had two 427's to finish, but had everything to finish those cars, so they came and picked up all the bit's & piece's (Inch. Body molds) That was the last I spoke with him, tried his Phone# but no mailbox is set-up so can't leave a message. If anyone has a way to reach John, Please let me know also. John's cars were well built and undervalued IMPO. I would love to have his Black 289. I hope some of this helped, Cheers TommyRot. Funny we (Club members) were just talking about JCF yesterday (Jan 1)