CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by old willy View Post
Hey thanks Larry!

Just when you think you know something...hmmmm

I do have the spacer from CSX, again it was more economical than making one. Do you know if the not VW but Hella made switches had the extra button on the turn lever? It's really a curiosity thing right now as I am a long way from wiring up the lights!

I had another thought about the transmission height issue. If anyone has a loose t10 or toploader in their shop and could take a measurement for me.

I would like to know the distance from the lower face of the transmission mount to the center line of the output shaft. If you could hold a straight edge tight against the mount and measure at the tail end that would be fine. I have the original chassis mount dimensions and I have the t-5 transmission I am using. I am lead to believe that the mount in the chassis will need to be lower for the t-5 so if I can compare the 2 measurements I should be able to figure it out. So if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Yes, the original turn signal switch from Hella had the button on the stalk and was black in color. Now, those original Hella assemblies are unobtanium! Ones reproduced for VW work just fine. That's what mine is. Just make sure you buy a quality one and not the cheapy ones!

Larry