View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Willy I havent had my motor and trans in the chassis in awhile. I did the best I could do for you. Its cold in the shop and the lights dont want to warm up very quick. I have a 63 galaxie T10 clamped a piece of bar stock to the mount. I got 4 inches from the bottom of the mount to the centerline. I am using a cobra housing. the front points up about 3 degrees. I dont know how level my build table is right now. but that should get you close. The engine and trans will point down at the rear about 3 degrees also. So the crank trans centerline should be parallel with the pinion centerline. It wont necessarily line up in a straight line. If it did it would beat the u joints in a hurry. The driveshaft will have some angles to it. this will make the bearings in the u joint rotate. The pinion is offset on a cobra chassis with a cobra rear end. Also make sure the angles between the driveshaft and yokes is not too severe. They only have so many degrees working angle. Taking a guess the rear pinion flange will only clear the rear crossmember by an inch or so. Also the trans mount rubber s an inch thick so you need to add that in. Hope this helps. Just added a picture. you should be able to see the upward angle of the pinion.

Name:  100_1178.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  83.8 KB

Last edited by MAStuart; 01-08-2022 at 07:29 PM..