View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance aluminum 427FE
Not Ranked     

Well I finally was able to conclude this install. Here is an update on what I have learned. I hope someone out there might find some of this info useful....recall that the issue/question was that I got new LED tail lights to replace the filament bulb lights I had. The car is four wire but the new tail lights are only three. Why in the world United Pacific sells these lights but doesn't bother to tell you that you will need whats called a "logic module" for it to work properly is beyond me. In all fairness I have to say they do have a first rate customer service. You have to email them first, but they immediately responded with a call and very good instructions. They do in fact sell the module and it is cheap...somewhere around $20.00 or so. Install is very straight forward with zero issues and the lights work perfectly. They are very bright and easy to see in the daylight.
I too have an all black Cobra and was concerned when I saw how dull/"subdued" the stock tail lights appeared, especially in the day time. I think anyone will be real pleased with this conversion. It does add a few wires in the trunk, but they are easy enough to hide and the module itself is very small, so no issues there.
Once again, thanks to all that responded to my post, it is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Edit: Several folks posted that I might need a different flasher for the turn signals to operate properly, but in my case at least I did not. Once everything was connected all functions operated properly. I should also add that Blas is first rate...I ordered his wiring diagrams and he sent me all the tech bulletins on this Cobra!!!

Last edited by msinc; 01-11-2022 at 07:00 PM..