View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FF MK2 with 347 Ford and 4 Webers
Not Ranked     
Default SHELBY COBRAS:CSX 2001 – CSX 2125 Book Review

I just wanted to share a brief review of this set. I received mine this week directly from the author. From a price perspective the $250 sounds expensive but once you get the books and see the quality of the material, hard covers, heavy paper with tons of historical color photos you'll understand it could not have been cheaper. Mine came packed with 3 outer boxes inside boxes to protect them. The box was so heavy I was trying to remember what car parts I had last ordered.

Now the content itself is incredible. The amount of time the author spent researching these early Cobras would have been in the thousands if not tens of thousands of hours. As many details and history on each vehicle in one place as each present and previous owner(s) would make available. An unimaginable beginning to how this book set came to be starting with a dumpster in Germany full of old photos and details on many of the cars. If you're like me and always wonder about the history of a Cobra when it comes up for auction now you can look it up every time one of them comes up for sale.

If you have always been mesmerized with the Shelby Legend like I have this will provide hours of enjoyment. I would recommend purchasing directly from the authour Bob Walker rather than the publisher.

Available here: https://cobrapilote.com/

I've not read his other book but it looks impressive also.

Last edited by svassh; 01-25-2022 at 05:50 AM..