CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Twice???
No, not twice.
First thread you replied to was in the introductions, which the rules say I was required to make, and it wasn't intended to be anything but that. This post was in what I felt was the most correct forum, and actually laid-out the questions and the criteria.
Every group has their own unspoken protocols that new guys have to contend with before we 'fit in'. I'll get there.

for the record: I've built many, many cars, Bikes, motors, etc etc. None of it scares me, I just don't want to buy something that I'll need to work on more than drive (like a classic jaguar, for instance). And I can't buy a corvette; I'm bald, so no hair to develop into a mullet.

Everything is subjective, right? My threshold for "enough hp" will be different from others'. What sounds good to me will likely piss off some of the neighbors. etc etc. But these sorts of responses in the thread so far will be very helpful in weeding through and learning what I can from them. Eventually and ultimately, there will be several voices who rise to the top of my attention who will undoubtedly see ownership in the way I think suits me, and I'll gravitate towards their advice. this is the way.

thanks for your comments so far, and for the rest, too. I'll monitor and reply as I'm able to. Y'all are an active group and I appreciate this! I'll hope and plan to be an active contributor as I get deeper into the passion.