View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft blk edition 427r build #2297 grigo telesto color
Not Ranked     
Default tko 600 slipping

So in my new backdraft w 427r been pretty mellow breaking everything in maybe a slight goose every now and then. About 630mi on it and about to bring it to radical roadsters for its first service/inspection/alignment etc. Anyways I have still yet to load it hard at wot maybe 3/4 really no reason to be honest. Well today around 60 in 4th on a straight I got into it a bit and at around 4500 the RPMs raised faster than they should have, no the tires werent spinning and there is no oil leak from rear main. To make sure I repeated it and sure enough I am getting slippage around 4k hitting the gas.. cant tell in 1st or 2nd but for sure in 3rd, 4th and 5th.(unless there's somekinda of slip in diff I dont know about, doubtful) After my testing different gears I went back to just putting it around as I had. the car was very jerky when taking off being new that was expected, that has wanned and not sure if it was slipping when I first bought it or if it just started. Anyways why would a brand new clutch (bought with 80mi) be slipping? sorry TKX

Last edited by mavgarb302; 01-30-2022 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: wrong title