View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft blk edition 427r build #2297 grigo telesto color
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdbrake View Post
You should have approx 1/4" freeplay at the clutch pedal before you feel the resistance. Depending on the master cylinder bore dia. After depressing the pedal 2-4" later the clutch should be fully disengaged.
It sounds like your master is mis-rigged and the clutch is 1/2 way depressed at all times, thus the slippage in higher gears.
If yours is a dual disc clutch the 1" pedal travel and full disengage you described still points to a mis-rig.
Just went out to check. You may be on to something hard to tell.. With the wife lightly pushing on gearshift towards 1st (wont go until clutch is pressed), I put a measuring tape on clutch peddle to measure it with engine dead of course. Theres about 3/4" of total free play before resistance and roughly 3 1/2" more to disengage clutch before goes into gear. Not ever coming into this issue before I assume there is not much difference running/not running. the clutch pedal feels fine, feels like it engages great, when it slips theres no vibrations as if misaligned etc.. Best way to describe is that it just seems like weak diaphragm spring or oil on clutch. I tend to not think it is oil though and being new I cannot see the spring being weak.